Position Title: Technology Coordinator
Type of Authority: Staff
Reports to: Assistant Superintendent
Supervises: Technology Facilitators and Technicians
Basic Function: To assist the Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent to provide leadership in curriculum, instruction, staff development and technology.
- Develops a long range plan for the use of present and emerging technology designed to improve the teaching/learning process.
- Coordinates the use of technology by teachers, administrators, support staff and students to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of programs and services.
- Reviews, evaluates and informs instructional staff of recently developed commercial software including recommendations to integrate same into the curriculum.
- Coordinates the purchase of technology equipment and materials to insure that needs of the district are being met in the most cost effective manner.
- Coordinates the distribution of technology equipment and materials in manner that effectively implements the long range technology plan.
- Maintains an inventory of technology equipment and materials.
- Provides training for teachers, administrators and support staff to insure the appropriate application of technology.
- Provides consultation for teachers, administrators and support staff to assist with problems and concerns that arise on a daily basis.
- Consults with curriculum committees to insure that technology applications are effectively integrated into all academic and vocational programs.
- Prepares grant proposals designed to secure additional funding for the School District in the area of technology.
- Submits an annual report regarding the effectiveness of the instructional technology program including recommendations for improvement.
- Supervises and coordinates services available through utilization of the Vax mainframe, LAN networks and WAN networks.
- Provides leadership and coordinates the planning and implementation of telecommunication partnership efforts involving neighboring school districts and other organizations and agencies.
- Assists in developing the budget for purchase of technology hardware and materials.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Assistant Superintendent or Superintendent of Schools.